Weight loss surgery is a life changing decision and should not be taken lightly. If you or your loved one has doubts about whether weight loss surgery is right for you, you are not alone. But before you let your fears prevent you from living a longer and healthier life, you may want to take a few moments to better understand the facts.
IF YOU UNDERGO SURGERY
- The majority of procedures are performed laparoscopically (minimally invasive), therefore less pain, shorter hospital stays, faster recovery, and less scarring.
- YOU ARE NOT ALONE, our team is committed to your success.
- Bariatric surgery is a lifelong commitment that will hopefully help you live a “longer” and healthier life so you can enjoy more time with your loved one.
- Many individuals come off most if not all obesity related medications
- Many patients who lose weight can avoid orthopedic surgeries (example: knee surgery)
IF YOU DO NOT UNDERGO SURGERY
- Living with obesity will limit your activities and in the long run will likely shorten your life span
- Without surgery, you will be dependent on medications to alleviate your obesity related ailments (diabetes, joint pain, high blood pressure, etc.)
- Obesity will eventually effect your joints which will likely require surgery to fix.